Our History - Stevanato Group
search img
Logo Stevanato Group
1949
icon

The Stevanato Group’s first company (Ompi) is established. Originally called Soffieria Stella, it specializes in the production of glass bottles.

1959
icon

The company moves to Piombino Dese, a small city near Padua, creating hundreds of new jobs.

1971
icon

Spami is established. Spami is a company specialized in the design and production of high-speed, high-precision machinery dedicate to the production of glass-tube containers.

1993
icon

Stevanato Group acquires a plant in Latina, Italy.

2005
icon

Stevanato Group acquires Medical Glass, a glass manufacturing plant based in Bratislava, Slovakia.

2007
icon

A new department opens in Piombino Dese, Italy, dedicated to the production of ready-to-fill sterile syringes – EZ-fill®.

2007
icon

Stevanato Group acquires Optrel, a company specialized in the manufacture of inspection machines for glass-tubing containers for the pharmaceutical industry.

2008
icon

The Ompi North America plant opens in Monterrey, Mexico.

2010
icon

Production of the Ompi EZ-fill® vials & cartridges begins.

2011
icon

The Monterrey plant in Mexico doubles in size. Commercialization begins for the Ompi EZ-fill® vials and cartridges.

2012
icon

A new commercial office opens in China, and the foundation stone for a new plant in Zhangjiagang is laid.

2013
icon

Stevanato Group acquires InnoScan, a Danish company specialized in the production of high-precision inspection systems. In China, production begins.

2014
icon

A new plant is constructed in Piombino Dese, dedicated to the sterile EZ-fill® production.

2016
icon

Stevanato Group acquires SVM Automatik, specialized in assembling, packaging and serialization solutions and Balda, the specialist of high precision molded plastics solutions.

2017
icon

Stevanato Group widens its horizons opening a new glass primary packaging manufacturing plant in Sete Lagoas, Brazil.